Berry Breakfast Smoothie plus Brewer's Yeast

Uuurgh!!! I tried this, adding brewers yeast to my breakfast today (I should have snapped a picture as the smoothie looked completely awesome - I'm having another on Friday morning, so will do it then). What would most likely have been a delicious, wholesome breakfast smoothie in it's own right, became a brewery under my nose. I added the brewer's yeast to combat my dwindling breast milk supply issues. It took me about an hour to drink it. I tried to stop inhaling while I drank so I couldn't smell it so much. Have you ever tried that? It's difficult. Maybe 1 tablespoon was too much. I'm sure that's what I read... somewhere.

Milk issues...Little Anya is just too keen to watch her very busy brothers play, instead of having milk. Unless it's at 5am. I have cut her off during the night. She is old enough to go without during the night, so she will just have to wait until the morning. OK, sometimes I do feed her at 4.30am but not much earlier and preferably not til after 6am! (Am I getting fussy?). I think 90% of my problem is lack of water consumption. Back to making a star chart for me and my fluid intake.

And my 12WBT journey? I'm into week 3 already and going great guns. Food is fantastic, not a strain on the shopping budget really as most of the obscure things on the menu are already in my pantry... quinoa... horseradish cream... tamari...  hoisin sauce... pumpkin (not obscure but thanks Mum for the pumpkin last week, I used the whole thing for 'Thai Pumpkin Soup' this week)... broccolini in the garden. I looked the other day at the broccoli and thought some of it looked like it hadn't formed very big heads on it. No, it's broccolini that should have been cut weeks ago! Oops.  I have most things of the menu, except for tofu. I was about to say I don't like it, but I keep dissing all these people who post in forums for not liking things - oats, cinnamon, ricotta cheese, avocado. What is wrong with these people? Too many chips. So what I will say is, I have never eaten tofu before and am looking forward to trying it this week.

Kangaroo for dinner this week. Bit excited about that too. Not because I haven't had it, but I really like it but it's not as favoured as beef steak in my house. 

Still on food, I'm still searching for delicious low-calorie recipes. I'm going to give these Vegan Black Bean Brownies from my little celebration a go. Yes I have flaxseed meal and coconut oil, but no I don't have a tin of black beans. Dried black beans yes, so will cook them up instead.


And the exercise? Haven't missed a day yet! Running is getting easier every time. I'm actually looking forward to the next run I have!!  I have swapped some of my 'core and flexibility' days around with 'cardio' days, but I haven't missed any workouts so far. Tomorrow morning is WWW - Wake up and Weigh in Wednesday.  I'm waiting for a new Polar Monitor to arrive in the mail. Any day now. I'm using our old one, but it's being a little temperamental, which is annoying when I'm trying to track how many calories I've burned in a workout.




Since I've been so good with my program, I'm off to Athlete's Foot to buy new running shoes this week.

Comments

Popular Posts