20 Days to Organise & Clean Your Home Challenge

Definitely. I saw this 20 day challenge that The Organised Housewife has set and thought...definitely! Oh, how I wish I was The Organised Housewife. I have a friend who is and whenever I visit her, I wonder how the heck she does it. Perhaps it's just that she doesn't sew. She scrapbooks. So I can't apply the 'no-craft-mess' excuse to her tidiness and my lack of. 

Can I keep a tidy house and sew at the same time?  Surely I can. And if not, then for 20 days the house might just come first for a change.  I have got a week to finish off a few placemats, including those I should have made for my children, long long ago, before this challenge kicks off on Monday. Plus my parents are coming to stay for the weekend, so the sewing room needs to revert to the guest room, so the deadline is Friday night.

The placemats as they are today...




Back to the challenge. This is just what we (notice not 'I', but 'we') need. I can't rely on Anya to sweep the floor indefinitely with her current creep-scoot along locomotion. I think the recycled-Enjo fibre scoot-suit I had in mind is up there with using the jolly jumper to put your kid to sleep. So completely wrong, but so practically handy.  I think I should make it anyway. It would keep her clothes a whole lot cleaner.



It was only a couple of days ago I sat down with my calendar to plan out some sort of weekly cleaning schedule to get through all of the washing & cleaning on a weekly basis. Then I saw this post on Facebook. This is EXACTLY what I need to inspire me to get back on track. Who am I kidding? 'Back on track'. Was I ever on track?!! 

Twitter, instagram. Do I have to? I only just worked out how to put the button for The Organised Housewife in my sidebar. Thanks to The Crafty Cow for that. This blogging thing is extending my technological capabilities big time.

So 20 Days to Organise & Clean Your Home Challenge, here we come! Definitely.



OK so, the copy and paste into this blog didn't quite work how I anticipated, I'm working on it... But there is a link to your right. See. Just there. Click it. You can do it too.

Comments

  1. hmmm...you may have inspired another convert michelle....surely I can cook and keep a clean house.....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, do it Kato! We'll inspire each other as we go!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts