A Picnic with Handstands, Little Red & William Tell...A Photo Shoot

Armed with a gorgeous range of Little Red Riding Hood fabric from Fabric 2 Go , I set to work. In no time at all I had sewn up this little range. Just a little warning, this post is a little picture heavy, but they were too fabulous to not share with you all! A huge thank you to Elke at Elke Dous Photography for capturing these beautiful moments.

Little Red and some friends met us down at the park, one chilly afternoon to pick apples and have a picnic. We invited a wolf. He didn't show. But several brothers eyed off the picnic for some time before devouring their own, in another part of the wood. Yeah, yeah, I know we don't have woods here in this suburban life. Don't spoil my story. The girls huffed and puffed and down fell the apples.




They filled their basket with apples. Or bitten apples. I don't think it was the wolf who bit them either.





A supercute girl for a supergirl Little Red cape. I have slightly modified this Picnic in the Park Capelet pattern by Make It Perfect to give it a deeper hood.  The thing I love about the Aqua Scallop knickerbockers (my own pattern) is they fit 18mo Anya as pants right up to a 4yo as shorties.  This little Miss wearing them here is 3.






 
That wooden button. My fav bit.

These girls are great friends. Sharing happy moments. I hope they remember a bit of this day when they're older.




Frolicking in the afternoon sun. The capes are completely reversible, you can see a white one below with the lining on the outer.



Someone, in her Frothy Skirt must have spied the Big Bad Wolf and kept running away.




The girls played silly games.



Giggled over afternoon tea.



This is the Little Sprout Dress, another Make it Perfect pattern.  I fell in love with this dress, made from the grey floral Little Red Riding Hood fabric and lined in a green polka dot flannelette. So kept it for my own little girl. It is totally too big for her, but she'll grow it to it. She wears it now with the sleeves rolled up.







I feel like calling these the Hi-Heidi Pants! They are high waisted sailor pants from the Spring 1/2011 Ottobre Magazine, made in the gorgeous grey floral Red Riding Hood Print.





Picking four leaf clovers in the Tea Party Skirt. Yet another easy, quick to sew Make It Perfect pattern. Perfect for today's fairy tale, tea party photo shoot.




Finally, the Miss Mary Bonnet. This bonnet is a winner, with a great sized brim for keeping the sun off sweet little noses and ties under the chin to keep it on the head. The perfect hat, if I may say so myself.




Most of these items are available for sale in my Etsy store. Custom orders are available for these items too, because I ordered more fabric. Couldn't help myself.

SUPPLIES
Photography - Elke Dous Photography
The Toffee Tree - Miss Mary Bonnet 
Make It Perfect patterns - Frothy Skirt, Tea Party Skirt, Picnic in the Park Capelet (Little Red Cape) from the Make It Perfect book, Little Sprout Dress
Ottobre 1/2011 High Waist Sailor Pants
Little Red Riding Hood fabric range by Tasha Noel for Riley Blake - Little Scallops Aqua, Little Floral Grey Little Main Red.
Red Homespun and Kona solid

I receive no incentives from Fabric 2 Go or Make It Perfect for mentioning them, I just love what these lovely ladies have!

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts