Knights and Dragons and Damsels in Distress

 
 
 

Do you remember, when you were a kid, dressing up as a princess and fighting the dragons, being rescued by the charming knight? Yeah, me neither! I do remember that my Grandma had a fabulous dress up box in her bathroom. It's probably still there! I don't actually remember what was in it, except for a cowboy outfit, whose life expectancy was probably cut short by my lil' sis?!? I know we used to dress her up a lot.

And I do remember climbing trees with my tea set. Seriously, which kid doesn't love a little tree climbing and a little dress up!?

 
This knight hoodie is the perfect answer to doing both. A dress up that is totally OK for everyday wear. Yup, no need to drag superman or spidey through the supermarket with you. Take a Knight. Or maybe you could make him into a Ninja. You could even have a Knight GIRL. Maybe I should try that. Leave the screaming banshee princess at home and take the sensible, brave Knight GIRL.






You know you're onto a winner when the boys actually want to repeat wear things you've made. And when you get a request for a big cousin. It is coming!


 



The knight fought the dragon, and since the dragon didn't really like being hit over the head with a plastic sword, they duelled by rock-paper-scissors.

 



These guys really are great friends in real life.














 And she's saying, who wouldn't want one?



Thanks to CharmingDoodle.com for doing the hard yards and coming up with a pattern.  I wonder how her adult sizes are coming along? I did modify the Knight Hoodies I've made a bit (of course) but will save that for another time.

If you want to purchase a Knight Hoodie from The Toffee Tree, head over to my Etsy store here, where you can find custom listings in children's sizes 2-10.

Photography by Elke Dous Photography
Models supplied by Elke and myself.

Don't forget, if you sign up to my newslettery thingo up the top, these occasional blog updates will pop up in your inbox, all by themselves.

Comments

Popular Posts